Last updated: January 20, 2023
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
• Identifiers, such as your name, internet protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
• Additional Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your telephone number.
• Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as your gender.
• Internet or other similar network activity, such as your access history and information on your interaction with our Site.
• Geolocation data, such as your location when you’re at an event and provide that information to the Site. We do not collect your precise geolocation data, which is data provided directly from your device.
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as your photo if you provide that to our Site.
We do not request or collect sensitive personal information as defined by the CCPA, but if you provide your photo to us, your racial origin may be disclosed.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, through information we ask from you when you register with our Site.
• Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our Site. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with our Site.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To provide golf tournament and league management, live golf game scoring, individual and group on-course competition, and other services from our Site.
• To provide profile information to you and other users of our Site, including your appearance if you include that with your profile.
• To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning updates to our Site.
• To improve our Site.
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or CPRA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your personal information and sensitive information collected through the Site is maintained as long as you maintain an account or profile with the Site. We will delete your information within three months after your request to delete your account or if we no longer require such information to maintain your account. We will delete all of your personal data if you request us to do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
Unknown Golf maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information collected by the Site from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and two factor authentication) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard technology, including but not limited to data encryption and physical access controls to safeguard the personal information we collect from you.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of collected personal information for a business purpose:
• Identifiers, specifically names of users to provide services through the Site.
• California Customer Records personal information categories, specifically your phone number as part of your profile for the Site.
• Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, specifically gender to provide services through the Site.
We disclose these categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers.
• Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with our Services.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Your privacy choices are important to us and we would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Unknown Golf disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses or sells. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you during the past 12 months.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
To submit an access request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Unknown Golf correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Unknown Golf to complete the information you believe is incomplete. Our correction and completion of information is limited to personal data collected over the last 12 months and does not include game, tournament, or challenge data or information.
To submit a rectification request, please email email@example.com.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Unknown Golf transfer the personal information data that we have collected to directly to you under certain conditions.
The right to erasure – California residents also have the right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by Unknown Golf. Once we receive a request for deletion and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will (to the extent required by law) delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain Site functions that require your personal information to operate.
If you wish to make a request for information or to delete your personal information, or for any questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (a) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (b) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you make a request, we have 45 days to respond to you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This means we will not deny you service, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for service. Please know, if you ask us to delete your information or stop transferring your information, it may impact your experience using our Site.